Do a last minute winter check before it’s too late.
Putting up your Christmas lights? Check your eavestrough while you have the ladder out!
As fall comes to an end and colder weather approaches, here’s a few things to do before the snow and ice make it impossible :
- Finish raking any remaining fallen leaves.
- Cover your barbecue, air conditioner and store away any pots, outdoor decor and furniture that might be damaged.
- Have your furnace serviced and chimney cleaned.
- Inspect your windows and doors for any air leaks and re-caulk or do repairs.
- Drain and turn off the outside taps and bring your hose in.
- Replace the batteries, test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check your roof, eavestrough and down spouts, missing shingles and ice dams can create havoc over the winter.
A little time spent now before the snow and ice arrive can save a lot of time and expense over the winter months. Doing routine maintenance will keep your home in tip top shape and protect one of your biggest investments.
As always, if you’re thinking about making a move (or know someone who is), I can help! Just reply back to this email or send me a text. No pressure, no sales tactics, just helpful advice and the guidance you need!
Don’t forget to check out my free local Facebook Group, Meet Me In Oakville. It’s a great place to connect with other community members and get weekly updates on the best events and happenings in and around town!